Friday, August 28, 2009

She smiled to me

No sooner had I entered the conference hall than she smiled to me grinning from ear to ear.

Yes, I was on the reporting at Namgyal Heritage Hotel.

I was already content because the hotel was so beautiful with contemporary architectural design with the modern amenities; more over I was surprised by the presence of spiraling chandelier, at the center, hanging from the toppest floor- the fifth floor- towards the ground floor, from where a nice lift service is available.

So I was happy in the company of others media house guys.

That smile- killer smile- from that so-beautiful girl made my day. Lest, my friend and another reporter were talking to me I tried hard to keep a broad grin in my cheek facing towards her.

So I noticed that she had reciprocated my smile.

Who would not feel happy when a beautiful girl smiles back to you?

Yet, I did not compromise my job of scribbling what ever I could get from those speakers and presenter.

After protracted talk, it was a lunch time.

My media friends went in lift to the ground floor in the dinning hall. I arranged my self in one corner with my friends but my eyes searched her.

I found she was busy taking notes for her boss while he had been talking to foreign delegates.

After having a soup, we took our turn for taking our share of the lunch. So she was there in the line but one person in front of me proved an obstacle to talk to her.

Thought I would invite her to our table. But she was already occupied by other delegates in conversation.

I did take a chance to take intermittent glances of her. And waited my turn to talk to her but she could not be available at all.

After taking few interviews, I and my friend zoomed towards the office. So during writing the report, I was confused about one speaker's name.

So I had an opportunity to have her number by any means. Then I called the other media guy, for he had talked with her and asked for her number. I got her name too (but for anonymity let's call her Miss XYZ).

I dialed her number and the sweet voice spoke from the other end. I got every detailed I had need: and I was tempted to ask whether she was a single or not but I did not had guts to ask her about it.

Again the problem arose in name clarification in the report. So, this I asked my friend to get it for me and ask her about her marital status.

It was already 6 pm.

He dialed her number, and I was excited, and heard the heavy and loud voice speaking, "Whom do you want la, XYZ's husband speaking?"

My friend did not say anything for he was muted... then the phone was disconnected.

He looked at me and I stared at him with my weird facial expression. Then we had a hearty laugh.

3 comments:

  1. I was on the reporting with my friend who is on attachment at present.

    The girl happened to smile at me and so i was attracted towards her for she was really beautiful lo.

    Had a nice laugh at the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you follow a woman, make sure she is single in order to avoid your friends getting shouted at. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow how beautifully you write like a professional. i really enjoyed reading. keep writing

    ReplyDelete